|Address before 1945:||Wilhelmstraße 102, Prinz-Albrecht-Straße 8|
|Address today:||Niederkirchnerstraße 8, 10963 Berlin|
From 1933, the Secret State Police (Gestapo) was headquartered here, as well as — from late 1934 — the Security Service (Sicherheitsdienst, or SD) of the SS. From 1935 to 1939, the building also housed the “Judenreferat” (or Jewish Affairs Office) of the Gestapo and the Reich Central Office for Jewish Emigration (see Reich Central Office for Jewish Emigration and "Jewish Affairs Office"). In late September 1939, the Reich Security Main Office (Reichssicherheitshauptamt or RSHA) was set up here. This institution comprised the SD and the Security Police (Sicherheitspolizei, or SIPO), central organs of the persecution and murder apparatus of the Nazi dictatorship.
After the war, the former terrain of the RSHA was largely a wasteland. Since 1987, the “Topography of Terror” documentation center has been located here. In an outdoor exhibition trench on the grounds of the documentation center, the remains of the house prison of the Gestapo can be seen. Among the prisoners interned here were a number of prominent figures, including, for a period in 1935, Leo Baeck.