|Address before 1945:||Leinestraße 37-45|
|Address today:||Leinestraße 37-45, 12049 Berlin|
The training center for construction and civil engineering, which was founded in 1913, was among the predecessor institutions of the Beuth Hochschule für Technik (Beuth University of Applied Sciences) in Berlin. Over time, additional vocational training programs were added. From 1931 the college was known as the Höhere Technische Lehranstalt (HTL, Higher Technical Institute). In 1971 it was absorbed into the Technische FH Berlin (Technical Polytechnic Berlin), which in 2009 became the Beuth Hochschule für Technik (Beuth University of Applied Sciences).
In the Nazi era, lecturers at the HTL not only had to prove that they themselves were of “Aryan” stock but that their spouses were as well. Jewish students were no longer admitted.