|Address before 1945:||Kurfürstendamm 106/107|
|Address today:||Kurfürstendamm 106/107, 10711 Berlin|
In the course of the planning of the expulsion and then murder of all German Jews, the Berlin city administration had initially intended to establish ghettos. This plan would eventually give way to the forced gathering of Jews into “Judenhäuser” (“Jew-Houses”), such as the one on Kurfürstendamm. Under the aegis of the General Building Inspectorate for the Capital of the Reich, headed by Albert Speer (1905-1981), the owners of the buildings in question were forced to relinquish their property. Herded together under deplorable conditions, Jews were forced await deportation in these lodgings.