|Address before 1945:||Lothringer Straße 22|
|Address today:||Herbert-Baum-Straße 45, 13088 Berlin|
When the Schönhauser Allee Cemetery threatened to become too small, the Jewish community established the Weißensee Cemetery, which was dedicated in 1880. 115,000 people would be laid to rest here. During the Nazi era, Jews who had gone underground hid out in the tombs. At the corner of Berliner Allee and Lothringer Straße (today Herbert-Baum-Straße), a sign cautioned Jewish visitors to the cemetery about harassment by the traffic police, which indeed took place here from July/August 1938. Any Jew who was convicted of a traffic violation was regarded as having a criminal record.