|Address before 1945:||Fontanepromenade 15|
|Address today:||Fontanepromenade 15, 10967 Berlin|
Beginning in 1934 and with renewed intensity following the “Kristallnacht” pogroms of November 1938, more and more public benches were labeled “Only for Aryans”/“Not for Jews”. At the same time, yellow-painted “Judenbänke” (“Jew-benches”) were installed, which were reserved for Jews.
The racist exclusion of Jews was accomplished by means of a web of local, municipal and/or nationwide regulations. Here, not far from the “Central Agency for Jews” of the Berlin Employment Office, which conscripted Jews for forced labor from 1938, such benches for “Jews” and “Non-Jews” could be found.