|Address before 1945:||Johannisstraße 16|
|Address today:||Johannisstraße 16, 10117 Berlin|
Since 1854, services had been taking place in the “temple” of the Reform community, which strongly broke with Orthodox traditions. This community borrowed heavily from Christian practices, including holding its main weekly services on Sundays rather than on the Jewish Sabbath. The German language dominated in the liturgy. Men and women sat together in the sanctuary. The use of head coverings, prayer shawls and phylacteries was uncommon. On 9 November 1938, the interior of the synagogue was desecrated during the pogroms. The building was destroyed during the Second World War.