|Address before 1945:||Schützenstraße 18-25|
|Address today:||Schützenstraße 18-25, 10117 Berlin|
The building located here was built between 1901 and 1903 and expanded by the architects Erich Mendelsohn (1887-1953) and Richard Neutra (1892-1970). Damaged in bombing raids during the Second World War, it was restored to its original state after the fall of the Berlin Wall by the businessman Hans Röder.
The newspaper publishing house of Rudof Mosse (1843-1920) was headquartered here. Among the papers belonging to this liberal press empire were the “Berliner Tageblatt”, the “Berliner Morgenzeitung” and the “8-Uhr-Abendblatt” as well as the satirical journal “Ulk”. Journalists like Theodor Wolff (1868-1943) and Kurt Tucholsky (1890-1935) earned the papers a national reputation. Through the combination of take-overs of individual newspapers and censorship measures, the Nazi had all but destroyed the corporation by 1939. Its Jewish authors were forced to flee into exile.