|Address before 1945:||Kiefholzstraße 221|
|Address today:||Kiefholzstraße 221, 12437 Berlin|
In 1936, the Sachsenhausen concentration camp opened to the north of Berlin. Based on the fragmentary state of research in 2013, between 1937 and 1940 the bodies of some 1,700 deceased prisoners, about 12 % of whom were Jewish, were taken from there (and in one case, from the Buchenwald concentration camp) to the Baumschulenweg Crematorium for cremation.
Another 1,200 or so inmates were buried here. The mortal remains of the rest were buried at other sites in the German Reich and Poland.
The ashes of Nazi victims from the extermination centers involved in the Action T4 in the cities of Brandenburg an der Havel and Bernburg were also buried at the Baumschulenweg Cemetery.
A memorial stone by the sculptor Fritz Cremer (1906–1993) erected in 1956 still commemorates the victims of Nazi persecution who were interred here.