|Address before 1945:||Kurfürstenstraße 115-116|
|Address today:||Kurfürstenstraße 115-116, 10787 Berlin|
Into the 1960s, a building stood at this location, which, until 1910, had served as the headquarters of the Jewish “Fraternal Association for Mutual Aid” (“Brüderverein gegenseitiger Unterstützung”). From 1939, it housed the “Reich Central Office for Jewish Emigration” led by Reinhard Heydrich (1904–1942). Its initial function was to force Jews to emigrate while robbing them of their assets. In 1940, the Reich Central Office was transformed into Section IV D4 and, in 1941, into Section IV B4 of the Reich Security Main Office. The industrialized mass murder of the Jews of Europe that was organized from here was and remains a singular “rupture in civilization” (Dan Diner). The main building of the Reich Security Main Office (Reichssicherheitshauptamt, or RSHA; see Reich Security Main Office – Department of the Gestapo) was located on the site of the “Topography of Terror” documentation center.