|Address before 1945:||Auguststraße 14-16|
|Address today:||Auguststraße 14-16, 10117 Berlin|
The architect Eduard Knoblauch (1801-1865) built the Jewish Hospital here in 1860. In 1914, the facility relocated to Wedding (see Jewish Hospital Wedding). The hospital governed a number of other Jewish charitable institutions, including a girls’ home, a crèche, a kindergarten, a vocational school, a physical therapy facility and an orphanage. In February of 1943, during the final mass arrest of Jews in Berlin, the children and staff were deported from here.