|Address before 1945:||Große Hamburger Straße 26|
|Address today:||Große Hamburger Straße 26, 10115 Berlin|
In 1844, the first Jewish Home for the Aged in Berlin was founded in Große Hamburger Straße adjacent to the Große Hamburger Straße Cemetery. From June 1942, this building, as well as that of the neighboring Jewish Boys’ School, were used as a collection point for Jews awaiting deportation. Some 22,000 Menschen people were held here, making it the largest collection point in Berlin. The building was almost completely destroyed in 1945 and today no longer exists. In 1985, a group sculpture by Will Lammert (1892-1957) was brought here to commemorate those deported from this loction and remains in place today. It was created in 1956 and was originally intended for the Ravensbrück memorial site.