|Address before 1945:||Lindenstraße 48-50|
|Address today:||Axel-Springer-Straße 48-50, 10969 Berlin|
From 1891 this site was home to one of the largest Liberal Jewish houses of worship in the city as well as to a Jewish school and several social institutions of the Jewish Community. The synagogue was desecrated during the November pogroms of 1938. Since the late 19th century, the “Working Group of Jewish Certificates of Employment”, which was also located here, had served as an employment exchange especially for Jews. From 1940, the Nazis misappropriated the personal data that the organization had collected over the years for its system of Jewish forced labor. In the front building of the former complex lived Lotte and Siegbert Rotholz, members of the Jewish-Communist resistance group around Herbert Baum (1912-1942).
The complex was completely destroyed during airstrikes in February 1945. The site was cleared of rubble in 1956. Unveiled in 1996, a memorial installation by Zvi Hecker, Micha Ullmann and Eyal Weizman recalls the pews of the former Lindenstraße Synagogue.