|Address before 1945:||Lützowstraße 16|
|Address today:||Lützowstraße 16, 10785 Berlin|
On this spot, a Liberal synagogue was dedicated in 1898. As was common in Liberal Judaism, it possessed an organ that was used to accompany the chorus during the liturgy. During the organized pogroms in November 1938, the synagogue suffered some damage but only to its interior, as neighboring structures were not to be put at risk. Services continued to be held here until 1940. The site was also home to a religious school, a teaching college (1934–38), and charitable institutions such as the “Association for the Foundation and Preservation of an Academy for Jewish Studies”.