|Address before 1945:||Güterbahnhof Putlitzstraße|
|Address today:||Putlitzbrücke, 10559 Berlin|
The freight yard located here (also known as the Güterbahnhof Moabit, or Moabit Freight Yard) served from 1942 as a central departure point for Jews being deported from Berlin, second only to Grunewald Station in terms of the number of those deported. Some 50,000 people left these stations for the ghettos and death camps in Eastern Europe; the vast majority of them would be murdered there.
The monument located here, created by Volkmar Haase in 1987, commemorates this fact. Damaged in a right-wing explosives attack in 1992, the monument was restored and remounted in 1993.