|Address before 1945:||S-Bahnhof Grunewald|
|Address today:||S-Bahnhof Grunewald|
The Grunewald Station went into service in 1879. From October 1941 the Jewish Affairs department of the Gestapo (see "Jewish Affairs Office" at the Gestapo Headquarters) requisitioned the tracks to deport many of Berlin’s 50,000 Jews to ghettos and death camps. The deportees had previously been rounded up in collection camps such as the former Levetzowstraße Synagogue (see Levetzowstraße Synagogue, later collection camp). At the station, they were forced into railcars. In addition to this facility and the Putlitzstraße Freight Yard, the Gestapo and the Reichsbahn also used Anhalter Station for deportations (in the latter case, to the Theresienstadt concentration camp).
The wall relief created in 1991 by Karol Broniatowsky, as well as a monument inaugurated in 1998 and designed by the architects Nicolaus Hirsch, Wolfgang Lorch and Andrea Wandel, serve as an on-site reminder of the fate of the deported.