|Address before 1945:||Moltkestraße 8-11|
|Address today:||Wilhelm-Wolff-Straße 30-32, 13156 Berlin|
In 1915, the “Fürsorgeverein für hilflose jüdische Kinder e.V.” (Welfare Foundation for Helpless Jewish Children) set up an infant care home in this building, shortly thereafter adding a children’s home in an adjoining building. The facility, which cared primarily for illegitimate Jewish children, was regarded as a model institution.
In autumn 1942, members of the Gestapo deported the 150 babies and children living there. For a time, the building was used by the Wehrmacht. After the war, it became a shelter for displaced persons. In his will, Otto Weidt (1883-1947), who saved Jews during the Nazi era in his eponymously named workshop for the blind (see Otto Weidt Workshop for the Blind), instructed that his personal assets be used to set up a new Jewish children’s home, which existed until 1999. In 2000, the building was taken over by the Björn-Schulz-Stiftung (the Björn Schulz Foundation). Since 2002, the foundation has operated a home for the support of children with incurable illnesses at this location.