|Address before 1945:||Markgraf-Albrecht-Straße 11/12|
|Address today:||Markgraf-Albrecht-Straße 11-12, 10711 Berlin|
The Peace Temple Synagogue was dedicated in 1923. A leading initiator of the project was Salomon Goldberg, the owner/operator of the Halensee Amusement Park.
In this house of worship, services were held in the Liberal tradition. The building was damaged during the November pogroms of 1938. David Zwingermann and his friend Horst Löwenstein, both 14 years old at the time, salvaged twelve undamaged Torah scrolls from the burned-out synagogue. Amidst crowds of onlookers and uniformed Nazis, they hailed a taxi and spirited the Torah scrolls away. The scrolls were first hidden and later returned to the Community. Zwingermann subsequently emigrated to England, while Löwenstien was murdered in the Riga Ghetto in late 1941.
The ruins of the former synagogue were demolished in 1959.