|Address before 1945:||Kronberger Straße 24|
|Address today:||Kronberger Straße 24, 14193 Berlin|
In 1935, two years after losing her position as a teacher, Leonore Goldschmidt (1897-1983) founded a private school with her own capital, initially at Kronberger Straße 24. In summer, gym classes were held at the Bar-Kochba Grunewald Sports Ground.
Due to the great demand for places, additional school buildings soon had to be added at Hohenzollerndamm 102 and 105-110 as well as at Berkaer Straße 31. Lessons were taught in German and English. In addition, the curriculum was attuned to British schools in order to help prepare the hundreds of students for emigration. Following the pogroms and arrests of early November 1938, harassment by the Gestapo, and attacks on the school building by the SS in the spring of 1939, the decision of the Berlin school administration in September 1939 to close the city’s largest private school spelled the end of the Goldschmidt School. Its founder emigrated to England, where she founded a new institution under the same name.