|Address before 1945:||Grunewald-Sportplatz Im Jagen, Königsweg 10|
|Address today:||Sportplatz Im Jagen, Königsweg 10, 14193 Berlin|
Jewish sports clubs were often founded by Jews who had been excluded from “Christian” associations. With the rise of Zionism, which also placed a value on physical fitness, a Zionist sports movement developed.
The Jewish sports club Bar-Kochba-Hakoah, which was founded by students in the Grunewald district in 1898, was the largest of its kind. It served as the seed for the Makkabi World Union. Until April of 1933, competitions took place here. Until October 1938, Jews were allowed to engage in sporting activities on the sports ground (see Private Jewish School of Dr. Leonore Goldschmid).